Regular check-ups will help us keep an eye on your oral health and spot any problems early. These appointments only take up to 15 minutes.
We will be looking for signs of decay, infection, oral cancer and a misaligned bite. If we find anything that requires treatment we will advise the best course of action and put together a treatment plan, including expected costs.
We may not need to see you every six months, but your dentists will let you know when you need to come back for your next check-up.
Home dental care
We all know regular brushing helps to prevent tooth decay and gum disease, as well as keeping your mouth fresh, but it’s a good idea to take a look at your technique and make sure you are cleaning your teeth effectively. It is important to brush teeth properly to ensure adequate removal of plaque and food particles.
Here are some tooth brushing tips to ensure a healthier, cleaner mouth:
- Use an electric rechargeable toothbrush whenever possible. Choose one with a smaller head as it will allow for better access to the back of the mouth.
- If you choose to have a manual toothbrush, use a soft to medium bristled brush to avoid potential abrasion of tooth enamel.
- Brush for at least two minutes, twice a day, especially before you go to bed.
- Don’t forget to floss and clean between your teeth too. You can also use mouthwash and tongue scrapers for extra freshness.
- If you can’t get to a toothbrush, chew sugar-free gum to neutralise any acids or rinse your mouth with water.